Friday, 20 July 2007

Paprika, and ending of work

Watched Paprika yesterday. It was quite an interesting show, with some semi-deep ideas on the mind and humans trying to be as gods, but I feel that it's still too shallow and immature, not really touching the guise of the concept or exploring it far enough. And the ending portion is kinda lame IMO, and the little bit of romance that they tried into inject into it was kinda off, and it just seems so unbelievable, like something they just decided to throw in for fun. But those aside, it's still a nice show, and you should go and catch it if you're into anime and will like to see something with a bit of mystery and philosophy thrown into it. (BTW, I still think the DC Mini concept is very similar to the Encephalon diving concept in Xenosaga~~)

Oh, and we went to get the tickets late, so we ended up sitting RIGHT IN FRONT of the screen, and we also went in late as we rushed to get our dinner, and so in the midst of confusion to getting to my seat, I accidentally catch my bag against one of the protruding parts of a seat (why the HECK is there such a thing there?!?!?!?!?) and tore my strap. Had to sew it back eventually, but it also shows that the quality of that bag is rather crappy for that to happen. Teaches you to trust (or rather, NOT trust) cheap stuff from other places yes?

Back to myself - I'm officially resigning from my temp job and tomorrow will be my last day. The job itself isn't too bad, and I don't really mind working on till the end of the month, but other matters require my attention, and the top of the pyramid isn't too great and all, plus the pay issues - WHATEVER. Time for me to focus back on school stuff and perhaps complete some series and games if I have the time as I go along - hopefully I do, else I'll never be able to catch up on my incredible backlog.... (^n^|||)

Guess that's all for today~

1 comment:

kaoru said...

I have added your blog add to my blogroll =)

My blog is at http://thespacebetweenwords.blogspot.com

-Wai Yee