Thursday, 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve!

It's Christmas Eve today! I'm kinda caught by surprise when some of my colleagues at work gave me Christmas presents. I guess Christmas is truly the season of giving. I've never celebrated Christmas before, nor have I truly participated in any gift exchanges before, so it was all quite new to me. Guess I'll have to do better the next time round.

And my classmates cum colleagues also surprised me by buying me a cake and celebrating my birthday at work today. That was totally unexpected since my birthday is not till 2 days later, but it was still appreciated. I kinda spoiled it since I wasn't aware of what was going on and got frustrated at one point, but thankfully, everything went well in the end. All's well that ends well, eh?

I also caught a movie with my brother today. Avatar in 3D. We originally wanted to catch the normal version, but it was unfortunately sold out when we went down to the theater, so we bought tickets for the 3D version since the timing of the next show for both were quite close and we might as well catch the 3D version as we haven't watched a movie in 3D before.

Overall, I must say that the movie was quite impressive. The 3D was good, but nothing spectacular. Perhaps I do not know how to appreciate it, but I believe the normal version would have been just as good, sans 3D. But the graphics and story itself is quite good. And it's one of those rare instances where you will actually sympathise with and side with the other side. The tickets were expensive, with it being 3D and the eve of a holiday, but it was worth it.

No comments: