Thursday, 17 December 2009

Final Fantasy XIII

At long last. After a very long wait, today was the day when Final Fantasy XIII was released. And my eyes have been on the limited edition Lightning PS3 bundle for quite some time.

Unfortunately, the online site that I originally intended to get it from was a farce. All trickery. And it wasted a lot of my time checking and anticipating when it announced that it was opening up for preorders soon to only reveal that they are not going to release it to anyone who did not preorder in the first place. How could anyone have preordered it when they didn't open it up for preorders in the first place? How thick can they get? What a scam.

But anyways, I kind of suspected something was wrong when they announced that about a week before the release date, so I was kinda searching around for an alternative site, and I finally found one local store that might be bringing it in. Hence, I called up the store this morning and to my surprise, they were indeed bringing it in, and there were still slots for reservation. I naturally reserved a copy and bought the bundle set later in the day.

The local edition was the Asian model with a price tag of $685. Not exactly what I had wanted in the first place, nor was it cheap, but it was still worth it since I've been waiting for it for quite some time. I've also been waiting to buy a PS3 for quite some time, and what better time is there to buy one when you can get a LE set at the same time?

Needless to say, I'm satisfied. Might be sometime before I have the chance to play the game itself, but having the set in my possession is quite enough for now.

No comments: