Wednesday, 6 June 2007

Stocktake & First CME event

Main event today = Stocktake! Today was the day when we had to do our stocktake. Accordingly, small stores have to do stocktaking about 3 times a year, and today happened to be one of those days.

The earlier part of the day was spent clearing the stock that came in and exhibiting any stocks that we had in storage where that was sufficient space on the shelves. Afternoon was passed by counting the remaining stocks in the cupboards and on the dispensary shelves. Using the HHT for stocktaking for the first time was rather interesting. Even though it is essentially the same as the normal HHT, but it's specially programmed for keying in stock quantities, so there are some subtle differences in the usage.

Due to the stocktaking process, we didn't had anytime for lunch until around 5 pm. But we don't really mind, since we had an early lunch at around 12 noon yesterday after attending the Pharmacy Practice Meeting, so in a sense, it's like doing more work to compensate for the time yesterday. Since we have plans for dinner, we only had some hotdogs to fill our tummies for the time being.

Speaking of which, tonight was the first time I attended a CME event. It was held at the Ritz-Calton over at Suntec City, which was supposedly a really grand hotel, though I didn't really know about it until now (~.~|||)

It was quite an experience, to listen to the talks about new research developments, and to actually see and feel in person the proceedings of a CME event. But, dinner wasn't as good as expected, in fact, it was rather plain to me. Perhaps it's just due to me not being accustomed to such cuisine~ And the main course was fish, which I don't take, so I didn't really enjoy dinner, though dessert (Tiramisu) was rather good (but the alcohol was a bit too much O-O ). Haha, guess I really do have a lot to complain, especially since it's a free dinner =P

My preceptor had to go back to our store to help out with the stocktaking after dinner, but me and my classmate went home instead. This made me feel a bit bad about it... Part of me wants to go back and help, but another part just doesn't feel like staying till so late, especially since the actual full stocktaking is going to happen at around 12 midnight and end at around 2 am. Oh well, what's done cannot be undone, hopefully my preceptor won't take it to heart (and I think she won't, since she's a really nice person~). I'll just have to work harder to make up for it~ (^o^)Y

No comments: