Tuesday, 27 May 2008

More details

I've decided to talk more about my experiences during my preceptorship. This can also help serve as a record for when I need to write up my report, since I forget such things real easily.

Anyways, this morning was the usual packing of medications. The workload isn't too great, just like yesterday, however, some of my friends were called off to help out at another department due to shortage of manpower during lunchtime, so the scripts really piled up. But it still isn't too much of a problem with our work efficiency. キャハキャハ

After lunch, I went with one of my friend's preceptor for ACC (Anticoagulation Clinic) sessions. The sessions are pretty much about reviewing the use of anticoagulants, namely warfarin, in patients. Sort of like a follow-up review kind of thing.

Basically, the patients get a blood test for their INR values, which reflect the consistency of their blood - a high value means that their blood is thin and vice versa. Then the pharmacist reviews them based on their INR values, whether the values are in range or not, and to see if there is a need to adjust the warfarin dose. In addition, the pharmacist also checks if the patients know why they are on warfarin, and the use of it. The patients are also informed about the the common side effects, basically signs of bleeding, to look out for. Some advices, like to avoid taking supplements and herbal remedies, and relevant counseling points for patients of various ages, like to avoid contact sports for the young, are also informed by the pharmacist.

Well, that pretty much sums up the events of the day. I'll be going with another pharmacist down to the psyc wards tomorrow. Perhaps I'll write the experience down here tomorrow.

もう書きたいことがないのようだ。英語の文で大体のことを書いたので、日本語の文は何も書かない。その原因だけではない。私の日本語もまだまだので、いくら書きたいでも、あることがどうやって書くがわからない。

orzどうしよう?とにかく、今日はその辺で。誰かがいいアイデアがないのか?教えてよ~

No comments: