Thursday, 29 May 2008

Work and soon...

Forgot to mention about this yesterday, but I got a chance at dispensing a prescription yesterday. The items were quite simple, just some panadol, lactulose, and calcium with vit D tabs, but it was still quite an experience. I also got another chance to dispense today, and the items were senna, lactulose, and... one other item that I can't quite remember, but it is not too complicated either. Just to let us start out easy, then slowly build up our confidence and counseling skills as we practice.

Really tired today, as I had been spending a lot of time last night trying to set up my new desktop com and to transfer my old hdd from the spoilt com over to it. In the end, I managed to set up the new com and connect up the old external drives to it, but I didn't manage to transfer the old hdd due to some incompatibility problems with the wiring and power cables. Something to do with a SATA and PATA problem. Guess I'll need to buy new cables or external disk casings before I can get the old hdd up and running on my new com.

Oh, have to mention this now before I forget! Something went wrong with the electronic pharmacy program today and we experienced a downtime that lasted approximately 30 minutes. Due to that, and possibly also the inherent workload for the day, the scripts started to piled up as no work can be done during the downtime. For the first time at our department, no matter how fast and how many scripts we clear, the scripts still appeared to be limitless and even up till lunchtime, there was still quite a number of scripts unfilled. Luckily, patients usually only come down to get their medicines after discharge in the afternoon, so the delay didn't really affect the patient waiting time, but just the workload for our pharmacy staff. The same can't be said for some other departments like the outpatient pharmacy. Guess that there should be a backup plan in place, such as a manual system for when the electronic system is down. Got to write that down in my special situations log~

Something big is happening tomorrow. I'm literally bursting with excitement and in anticipation for tomorrow!! Or not... =.=

今日は病院で事故があったね。別に大事なことではないけど、その原因で今日の仕事がもっと忙しくなった。仕方がないとわかってるけど。。。やっぱり嫌いだ、そんなこと。

ところで、昨夜新しいコンピューターの設定のおかげで、今日はいつもより疲れた。でも、最終もあるものがないから、設定が完了できない。。。もう!!むかつく!!<`ヘ´>

そういえば、明日はとても大事な日。でも、明日のことはそのうちだよね~えへへ♪

No comments: