Saturday, 27 June 2009

PSS Pre-Reg Opening Ceremony

Topic says it all. There was this ceremony today, and all of my classmates (who practice) attended it. It's compulsory and we get to not go to work on a Saturday (which sucks) so it's all okay, even if it's a bit boring. It wasn't that boring though.

Someone mentioned something about work. Something along the lines of work to live = survival, and live to work = passion(?). For me, it's work to live and to live to play, or something along those lines. And I think that's the same for many of my classmates, or young people generally. It may not be true, but that's what I think.

I also went with my classmates back to school to get our graduation gowns and to collect the tickets for our commencement ceremony. Figuring out how to wear and keep the gown was a real challenge as there was no help nor instructions of any sort. They can really be more helpful, but I guess that thought never did cross the mind of the people up there. Far too high up to see things that happen down in the mundane world.

今日は働かなくてもいい。それはとてもうれしいこと。代わりに別なことがあるんだけど、大したことではない。友達に頼んだ日本から買ってきた傘も今日もらった。ちょっと小さいけど、まぁ、どうでもいいこと。別に使わないし。

No comments: