Friday, 20 February 2009

Blood Donation

Went for blood donation today. As I was amongst the first to arrive when they just opened up the drive, I managed to get through quite quickly without any waiting and queuing.

Unfortunately, the good things end around there. When going to do the finger pricking to check for whether you have sufficient haemoglobin, the nurse failed to draw out enough blood in the first prick. Which means I have to get a second finger pricked. And I hate lancets, because they prick fingers, and fingers hurt more than thick bore needles. In the end, the 2nd prick ended up hurting even to this moment. And I couldn't even use my chopsticks effectively due to the pain inflicted on the finger when I tried to hold my chopsticks. ZZzzz.

The second thing that I wasn't satisfied with wasn't known until I came back home and went to take a shower. When I removed the bandage on my arm, I realised that the wound was still leaking blood. It hasn't closed completely yet, and it's already more than 10 hours since the donation! Geez... Am I just unlucky? Or has the standards dropped since my last donation?

今夜の夕食はちょっと特別なもの。それに、私の驕り。

今夜のはね、シェパートパイというイギリスの食品よ。どんなものなのはよくわからないけど、とりあえず、牛肉とチーズとジャガイモが入っているのがわかる。うまいのかな?まだ食べてないから、知らない。

でも、これから食べるよ!ただいまうちに届いた!それでは~♪

1 comment:

kaoru said...

O______O

This is why I'm absolutely terrified of drawing blood...