Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Interviews

Had interviews for my pre-registration applications today. I mentioned yesterday that only 2 institutions had replied me as of last night. This morning, another one contacted me and when I was on my way around the interviews, yet another one contacted me. Which means that I have finished all my interviews.

So let's see how the interviews went.

10:00am - KKH
The first interview of the day happened to be my projected first choice. What a bad move that is. Totally unprepared mentally, and completely nervous. I guess the outcome of this interview is going to be pretty bad. The chances are low. The greatest problem was the question, "How can you contribute?". Didn't know what to say with regards to that.

12:15pm - Watsons (Adelphi Building - City Hall)
Second interview went a lot better than the first one. Perhaps I was more relaxed, or perhaps the interviewer was more approachable. This one appeared to be hopeful, but I may had screwed up when I said that my first choice wasn't them. Who knows? We'll wait and see.

2:00pm - CGH
This interview was weird. The interviewer actually talked a lot more than I did, and that was because she was explaining about CGH and commenting about other miscellaneous stuff instead of asking questions for the most part. This one also appears to be hopeful. In fact, they'll already contacted me to offer me a position.

3:20pm - Unity (Ubi)
The last interview was first spent doing a little survey to estimate one's personality. The talking session itself was quite fast, which I guess means that the interviewer knows exactly what she wants, and thus is able to get the information she needs out in a few exchanges. This one is unlikely, seeing as the interviewer said that my character is more suitable for work in a hospital setting.

All in all, I guess you can say that the interviews went better and more relaxing and easier as we go along the day. Four interviews in a day around the island is a bit tiring though.

So far, I've received one offer, and am still waiting on the others before I commit. The deadline is on this Friday, so hopefully the others will contact me before then.

今日はさすがに疲れた。インタビューを四回もした。最初のは一番悪かった、最後のは一番よかったと思う。それは当然なことだけどね。

今は一つの会社からの返信があった。金曜日前にほかのも返信すればいいけど。。。

No comments: