Saturday, 28 March 2009

Earth Hour 2009

Okay, today was quite an eventful day, and there's quite a bit to talk about.

I had my FYP presentation this morning. I myself felt that my presentation was a lot better than usual, and I didn't really felt that nervous when giving my presentation, unlike what I had felt yesterday. As for how the examiners found my presentation to be? I have completely no idea about that, but based on their looks, it doesn't appear to be quite good. I also didn't know how to answer some of the questions that were asked during Q&A, which is another minus point. Perhaps the one good point was that one of the examiner said that my report was quite well written.

After the presentation, I rushed down to Peace Centre to get my poster printed. The first shop I asked at quoted me a rather okay, though a bit more expensive than what I had intended to pay price. Seeing as the shop advertised that they have student rates, I tried asking about that, only to be treated coldly by the owner, and he eventually refused to print for me. What an ass. The other shops quoted higher prices, and I eventually went over to Sunshine Plaza across the road to find another printing shop. The very first shop I went to quoted me a reasonable price and I decided to get my poster printed there. In the end, when I went back some hours later to pick up the poster, the owner charged me the very price that I had intended to pay, and that was even lower than the price he originally quoted. Which is of course, a good thing.

Picking up the poster turned out to be quite a nightmare for me though. As I had movie plans in the afternoon, I went down to the shop to pick up my poster before that, and arranged with my father to help me pick up the poster as he was going back home and to bring the poster back first. Through a bit of miscommunication here and there, I ended up having to make my way over to Raffles City (along with a bit of getting lost here and there) to pass my father the poster, and was very late for the appointment with my friends. At least we did manage to catch the movie on time. Thank goodness GV had tons of advertisements before screening and the actual film didn't start until like 15-20mins after the stated time.

The movie we watch was Detroit Metal City (DMC), which was about a person's quest for his dream in music. He wanted to be a pop musician, but ended up in a death metal band, which was the totally opposite of his original dream, with lots of dark themes and songs. The film itself was a comedy, but it also illustrates how the protagonist manages his identity crisis and his two faces, the original him, and the him that was the lead singer in the band.

Dinner after the movie was settled over at Kenny Roger. Nothing too special about that. Just the usual quarter chicken with some sides and stuff.

We went over to the Merlion park after dinner to observe the lights-off in conjunction with Earth Hour, where people around the world are encouraged to turn off their lights for an hour from 8:30-9:30pm to show that they care for and wish to help the earth and the environment. We lighted candles, played with sparkling rods, and had quite a lot of fun.

In the end, I left the group earlier as it was already quite late. They were still playing around with the sparkling rods, and were trying to write words with them and to catch them on film. This was the part where I got lost once again as I tried to make my way over to the train station to get home. Took quite a bit of walking around before I finally found the station and got back home.

In all, quite a tiring but fun day.

今日の発表はよかったのかな?自分から見るのはよかったけど、先生たちから見るのはまったくわからなかった。いいこと、悪いこともあったでしょ。まぁ、当然なことだけど。

とりあえず、発表もポスターも終わったから、プロジェクトのことはほとんど終わった。残りのは来週のポスター貼りだけ。もうすぐ自由になるんだ!

あぁ、そうだ。今日も友達と一緒に映画を見た。その映画の名は「デトロイト・メタル・シティ」だった。この映画は主人公の根岸崇一の音楽の夢の話だった。ギャグコメで、面白くて楽しかった。ちょっとふざけたこともあるけど、大体いい映画と思う。漫画とは違うところがあるみたいけど、まぁ、それは当然なことだから、どうでもいい。

No comments: